|6 servings||Cauliflower Mash|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 lb||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|1.02 (ea. 6.91 oz)||Zucchinis, Courgettes, Summer Squash, raw|
|1 cup||Tomatoes, red, canned, in tomato juice, no salt added|
|1 tsp||Thyme, dried, ground|
|1 tsp||Marjoram, dried|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|60.16 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:10 oz (calculated)Notes: a bit more than 1 cup cottage pie (half meat sauce, half cauliflower mash)
- Temperature: 350 °F
- Start preparing the cauliflower mash as described in the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and saute the diced onion and minced garlic in it, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and brown it, about 5 minutes. You can also use lamb instead of beef to make shepherd's pie.
- Add the finely diced zucchini, the chopped tomatoes and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer and let reduce for about 10 minutes.
- While the meat sauce is simmering, finish the cauliflower mash.
- Season the meat sauce to taste.
- Place the meat sauce in an oven-safe dish and level it. You can use a 9 in by 13 in casserole dish for 6 servings.
- Top with the cauliflower mash, again levelling it.
- Bake for about 205 minutes or until the meat sauce is bubbling and the cauliflower mash starts to brown.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count357 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 70.9 % 253 kcal 28 g Net Carbs 7.6 % 27 kcal 6.9 g Dietary Fiber 2.0 % 7 kcal 3.6 g Protein 19.6 % 70 kcal 17.6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™12.4
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 387.4 mg
- Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Trans Fat 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Total Sugars 4.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 17.6 g
- Calcium 132.4 mg
- Iron 2.8 mg
- Magnesium 44 mg
- Potassium 713.8 mg
- Zinc 3.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 110.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.8 mcg
- Vitamin C 61 mg
- Folate 77.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.3 mcg