|2½ lb||Chicken Drumsticks, meat and skin, weight excluding refuse (bones etc)|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|1 tsp||Vegetable Stock, dry, powdered, without added sugar or yeast|
|¼ cup||Avocado Oil|
|4 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tbsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1½ tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|1½ tsp||Oregano, dried|
|½ tsp||Cayenne Pepper, ground|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Onion Powder|
- Serving size: about 3 drumsticks, depending on size (8 oz of raw chicken with skin, excluding bones)
- Temperature: 425 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Note that in the ingredients the weight of the chicken is given for the edible portion only. For us, 3 lb (1.34 kg) of drumsticks with bone, cartilage etc yielded about 2 1/2 lb (1.13 kg) of raw meat and skin. (We weighed the leftover bones.)
- Wash the chicken drumsticks and pat them dry.
- Season them with salt, pepper and bouillon powder. If you have no bouillon powder at hand, you can replace it with salt.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the oil and roast the minced garlic, paprika, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper until fragrant, about a minute or two.
- Toss the chicken in the spice mix and the finely chopped parsley. Optionally set aside some of the parsley for garnishing.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If you have one, top it with a wire rack. This will make the chicken skin extra crisp.
- Spread the chicken on the baking tray or wire rack.
- Sprinkle with half the onion powder, flip the drumsticks and sprinkle with the remaining onion powder.
- Bake the chicken legs until they are crisp, about 30 minutes. Flip the chicken after about 20 minutes to ensure the chicken is crisp all around.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
- You can store the chicken in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the drumsticks in the oven. Like this they has a crisper texture than if you microwave them. Alternatively, reheat it in a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count484 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 61.0 % 295 kcal 32 g Net Carbs 3.1 % 15 kcal 3.6 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 % 3 kcal 1.4 g Protein 35.3 % 171 kcal 42 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™12.1
- Cholesterol 208.7 mg
- Sodium 715.2 mg
- Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 41.8 g
- Calcium 49.4 mg
- Iron 2.6 mg
- Magnesium 49.7 mg
- Potassium 565.2 mg
- Zinc 4.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 72.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.7 mg
- Folate 12.1 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg