|1 tbsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1 tsp||Onion Powder|
|1 tsp||Chili Powder, spice mix|
|¾ tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|½ tsp||Oregano, dried|
|½ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|½ tsp||Cayenne Pepper, ground|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|21.16 oz||Beef Tip Round, Top Sirloin, separable lean only, fat trimmed, raw|
|1 tbsp||Avocado Oil|
|10⅝ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|4 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|24.90 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:6.20 oz (calculated)Notes: 7/8 cup of saucy meat (150 g or 5.3 oz of raw meat)
- Mix together all the spices for the cajun seasoning. For a milder version, you can omit the cayenne pepper or replace it with smoked paprika. If you are not excluding sugar from your diet, you can replace the Xylitol with brown sugar.
- Dice the sirloin steak into 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) cubes.
- Toss the meat in the seasoning to coat it.
- In a large pan over medium-high to high heat, heat the oil. Instead of avocado oil, you can you a different oil that is suitable for a high heat.
- Cook the meat until the edges are crispy and browned, about 3 minutes, tossing the meat about halfway through to also brown the other side.
- Depending on the size of your pan and how many servings you are making, you may have to work in batches. All of the meat needs to lie on the surface of the pan. If cooking the meat in batches, divide the oil accordingly.
- You can check whether the meat is done to your liking by testing one of the bites.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook it until it is fragrant, about half a minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the steak bites back in and toss them in the garlic butter until they are all evenly coated.
- Serve, optionally sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.
- Enjoy this dish with a side of vegetables or salad. They also make a great filling for wraps / fajitas, for example with some guacamole, sour cream and grated cheese.
- You can store the meat in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the oven, in a pan or in the microwave.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count329 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 55.3 % 182 kcal 20 g Net Carbs 3.3 % 11 kcal 2.6 g Sugar Alcohols 0.3 % 1 kcal 0.6 g Dietary Fiber 0.9 % 3 kcal 1.3 g Protein 40.1 % 132 kcal 32.6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™9.1
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 986.8 mg
- Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0.6 g
- Protein 32.6 g
- Calcium 51.2 mg
- Iron 3.6 mg
- Magnesium 40.8 mg
- Potassium 579.8 mg
- Zinc 6.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 141.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.4 mg
- Folate 21.4 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg