|For the beef|
|2 lb||Beef Loin, Fillet, Tenderloin Steak, trimmed, raw|
|2 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|1 tbsp||Thyme, dried, ground|
|1 tbsp||Oregano, dried|
|1½ tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|For the sauce|
|2 tbsp||Brandy, Cognac, 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume)|
|¾ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1½ tsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|½ tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
- Serving size: a thick slice of beef (about 8 oz or 226 g raw) plus sauce (about 1/5 cup or 50 ml)
- Temperature: 392 °F (preheated, circulating air (increase to 430 F or 220 C without fan))
- Preheat the oven.
- In a large pan, heat about half of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the fillet of beef with salt and pepper.
- Sear the beef on all sides until nicely caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Don't forget to sear the sides, too.
- Mix together the herbs, garlic and remaining oil.
- Remove the beef from the pan and rub in the herb mix.
- Transfer the beef to an oven-safe dish and loosely cover it with foil.
- Bake until the beef is done to your liking. Depending on how rare you like it and how thick the meat is, this should take about 40 minutes for medium. Also see the notes on meat temperature below.
- Remove the beef from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes. You can use this time to make the sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the brandy to a boil and let it simmer for about half a minute.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until the sauce has thickened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and herbs and season to taste.
- Once the beef has rested, slice it and serve it with the sauce.
- You can check the doneness of the beef with a meat thermometer.
- Rare: ~ 52°C or 125°F (cold red center)
- Medium rare: ~ 60°C or 140°F (warm pink center)
- Medium: ~ 66°C or 150°F (hot pink center)
- Medium well: ~ 71°C or 160°F (only slightly pink center)
- Well done: ~ 74°C or 165°F (no pink center)
- However, the temperature of the center will increase while resting, so you should remove it from the oven a bit earlier. We recommend you remove the beef from the oven when the center has a temperature about 10°C or 20°F lower than what you're aiming for.
- You can keep the dish in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for about 6 months. For best results, thaw the beef in the fridge. Then gently reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Meal prep tip
- Calorie count551 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Alcohol 2.9 % 16 kcal 2.3 g Fat 57.4 % 316 kcal 35.5 g Net Carbs 2.4 % 13 kcal 3.2 g Dietary Fiber 0.5 % 3 kcal 1.3 g Protein 36.8 % 203 kcal 51 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™16.0
- Alcohol 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.8 mg
- Sodium 883.3 mg
- Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Trans Fat 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Total Sugars 1.6 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 51.4 g
- Calcium 110 mg
- Iron 7.8 mg
- Magnesium 39.8 mg
- Potassium 757.2 mg
- Zinc 7.7 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 149.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 8.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.8 mg
- Folate 18.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg