|9⅓ cups||Eggplant, Aubergine, raw|
|1 tbsp||Avocado Oil|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 lb||Lamb, ground or minced, raw|
|1 tbsp||Cumin seeds, ground|
|1 tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|¼ tsp||Cinnamon, ground|
|½ cup||Tomato puree, canned, no salt added|
|1⅞ cups||Spinach, raw|
|½ cup||Feta cheese, Greek cheese from sheep and goat's milk|
|2 tsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
- Serving size: 1/2 stuffed eggplant
- Temperature: 355 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Use medium-sized eggplants, weighing about 9 oz or 250 g each.
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving a border of about 1/2 in or a bit over 1 cm. I like to cut slightly slanted around the edge, as well as a grid and then use a spoon to get out the seeds.
- Set aside the eggplant shells and chop the scooped out seeds.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Saute the onion for about 2 minutes, then add the minced garlic and stir for about half a minute.
- Add the ground lamb and cook until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. You can of course also use ground pork or beef if you prefer.
- Stir in the chopped eggplant and season with the spices. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and let reduce, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped spinach until it wilts.
- Season to taste.
- Fill the eggplant shells with the mix and top with the crumbled or finely chopped feta.
- Place the filled eggplant halves on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until the feta starts to brown, about 25 minutes.
- Serve, optionally garnished with about 1/2 teaspoon of freshly chopped parsley.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count315 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 63.2 % 199 kcal 20.6 g Net Carbs 10.2 % 32 kcal 7.5 g Dietary Fiber 3.5 % 11 kcal 4.9 g Protein 23.2 % 73 kcal 17 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™8.9
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 618.3 mg
- Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Total Sugars 5.9 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 16.9 g
- Calcium 108.9 mg
- Iron 3 mg
- Magnesium 54.9 mg
- Potassium 667.9 mg
- Zinc 3.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 91 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.9 mcg
- Vitamin C 9.1 mg
- Folate 64.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 3.7 mcg