|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1½ lb||Pork Loin, Top Loin (Chops), separable lean and fat, raw|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|¼ cup||Vegetable broth, stock|
|½ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1 tsp||Basil, dried|
|¼ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|⅜ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|34.82 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:8.70 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 pork chop (about 6 oz raw) plus 1/4 cup of cheesy sauce
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the oil.
- Season the pork chops (boneless, thick cut, about 6 oz or 170 g each) with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in the pan and cook it on both sides until it's done, about 8 minutes on each side. If you have a meat thermometer, aim for an internal temperature of 145 F or 63 C.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add the chopped onions to the pan and cook them until they start to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in the basil, garlic powder and parmesan. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Return the pork chops to the pan. Coat them in the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, optionally setting aside a little for garnishing.
- Serve with a side of vegetables, for example broccoli, green beans or cauliflower rice or mash.
- You can keep the dish in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for about 3 months. For best results, thaw the dish overnight in the fridge. Then reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal prep tip
- Calorie count466 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 62.0 % 289 kcal 31.6 g Net Carbs 2.1 % 10 kcal 2.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.2 % 1 kcal 0.4 g Protein 35.6 % 166 kcal 41 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™14.2
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 395.1 mg
- Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Total Sugars 1.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 40.8 g
- Calcium 159.5 mg
- Iron 1.2 mg
- Magnesium 54.4 mg
- Potassium 714.2 mg
- Zinc 3.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 163.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.7 mg
- Folate 5.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.7 mcg