|454 g||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|454 g||Chorizo, Spanish pork sausage with paprika|
|1 (ea. 50 g)||Egg, large|
|30 g||Pork Rinds, Scratchings, Greaves, Cracklings|
|40 g||Onions, red, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 3 g)||Garlic, raw|
|1½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1½ tsp||Onion Powder|
|1½ tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|½ tsp||Salt, table|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|170 g||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
- Serving size: one slice, about 1 in thick; sufficient for a main meal
- Temperature: 177 °C
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground chorizo, egg, crushed pork rinds, chopped onion and spices.
- Add half the meat mixture to a greased loaf pan. You can use a 9 in by 5 in loaf pan for 8 servings. We used a 26 cm by 8 cm pan.
- Form a slight well in the center, leaving about an inch on all sides.
- Add the cheddar, cut into chunks or shredded, to the well.
- Add the remaining meat mixture. Press it down and level it.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165 F or 74 C, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve, for example with a side of salsa and green beans.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or the oven.
- You will likely have excess fat in the pan. If you are tracking your food intake and are discarding the fat, subtract it. This will likely make a difference of about 10 g of fat per serving.
Meal Prep Tip
Calories and macros
- Calorie count526 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 73.0 % 384 kcal 42 g Net Carbs 2.5 % 13 kcal 3.1 g Dietary Fiber 0.2 % 1 kcal 0.4 g Protein 24.3 % 128 kcal 32 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™17.2
- Cholesterol 134.5 mg
- Sodium 1033.8 mg
- Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Trans Fat 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 31.7 g
- Calcium 175.2 mg
- Iron 2.3 mg
- Magnesium 28.8 mg
- Potassium 435.7 mg
- Zinc 5.2 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 92.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.6 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.7 mg
- Folate 15.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg