|1½ lb||Chicken Breast, skinless, raw|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|1½ tsp||Parsley, dried|
|1 tsp||Chives, freeze-dried, dry|
|1 tsp||Dill Weed, dried|
|1½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1½ tsp||Onion Powder|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|6 oz||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
- Serving size: 2 skewers (with about 4 oz or 113 g of raw chicken)
- Temperature: 400 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes with a side length of about 1 in or 2.5 cm (1/2 oz or 14 g). You can also cut chicken tenders into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, parsley, chives, dill weed, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper to make the marinade.
- Add the chicken chunks and stir together. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for half an hour. You can also keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven.
- Take a bacon strip and pierce it with a skewer.
- Then add a piece of chicken.
- Now fold over the bacon and pierce through it again.
- Continue until you've reached the end of the bacon strip. Push the meat along the skewer only a little at a time, so that you can easily pierce through the bacon.
- One skewer should hold four chicken pieces, but it might vary for you depending on the size of your chicken pieces andd bacon strips.
- Line a wire rack with parchment paper. Using a wire rack will help with crisping up the bottom of the bacon and chicken. Alternatively, use a baking tray.
- Transfer the skewers to the rack and stroke on the remaining marinade.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the skewers and bake for another 5 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the chicken in the oven. Like this the chicken and bacon have a crisper texture than if you microwave it. Alternatively, reheat it in a pan on the stovetop.
Marinating the chicken
Preparing the kabobs
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count337 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 62.9 % 212 kcal 23 g Net Carbs 1.5 % 5 kcal 1.3 g Dietary Fiber 0.3 % 1 kcal 0.3 g Protein 35.3 % 119 kcal 29.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™7.0
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 382.5 mg
- Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Total Sugars 0.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 29.3 g
- Calcium 15.3 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 38.1 mg
- Potassium 549.4 mg
- Zinc 1.2 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 11.3 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.5 mg
- Folate 11.2 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg