|1½ lb||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|½ cup||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|½ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|2 tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1 tsp||Paprika, ground, hot (spice)|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds, ground|
|½ tsp||Nutmeg, ground|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|28.76 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4.80 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 skewer (4 oz or 113 g of raw meat)
- Finely chop the onion, parsley and garlic. If you have one, you can use a food processor for this.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Adjust the amount of hot paprika or skip it entirely if you don't like it spicy.
- Optionally cook up a small portion of the mix to check whether you need to season it more.
- Divide the mix into portions, about 4 3/4 oz or 135 g each.
- Shape into a sausage and add a wooden or metal skewer. Continue to shape the kabob by pressing the meat onto the skewer.
- If not grilling right away, refrigerate the meat until ready to grill. This will help firm up the meat, so that it does not fall off the skewer while cooking it.
- Grill until the meat is done to your liking. We used an electric contact grill (dual contact griddler), the skewers were done after about 3 minutes.
- Enjoy, for example with a side of tzatziki.
- You can store the grilled kabobs in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave, oven or a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count304 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 69.7 % 212 kcal 23 g Net Carbs 2.6 % 8 kcal 2 g Dietary Fiber 0.7 % 2 kcal 1 g Protein 27.0 % 82 kcal 20 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™9.4
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 473.3 mg
- Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Trans Fat 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Total Sugars 0.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 20.1 g
- Calcium 42.3 mg
- Iron 3.3 mg
- Magnesium 28.4 mg
- Potassium 397.7 mg
- Zinc 4.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 53.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 8 mg
- Folate 18.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg