|For the eggs|
|4 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|¼ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ tsp||Oregano, dried|
|¼ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|¼ tsp||Onion Powder|
|¼ tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|For the dip|
|¼ cup||Mayonnaise, regular|
|⅛ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|⅛ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|10.59 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:2.65 oz (calculated)Notes: 2 crispy egg halves plus 1 tablespoon of dip
- Hard-boil the eggs with your preferred method.
- Let cool, peel and cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter. You can microwave it for 30 seconds at 600 W or melt it in a small pot.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Dip each egg half with the cut-side in the butter, then sprinkle with about 1/2 tablespoon of the seasoned parmesan and press it on.
- Add the remaining butter to a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the eggs with the coated side down in the pan.
- Cook until the cheese is crisp and has browned to your liking, about 3 minutes.
- For the dip, mix together the mayo and mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the eggs drizzled with the remaining butter from the pan and 1 tablespoon of dip per serving (2 halves).
- This is the method I use: Bring a bit of water to a boil in a pot, about 1/2 in (1.25 cm) high. Then add the raw eggs, so that all of them lie on the bottom of the pot. Cover with a lid and steam for 9 minutes. Drain the hot water and fill the pot with cold water. Drain again, then crack each egg on the top and bottom and fill the pot with cold water once more. Let sit until the eggs have cooled down. Now crack the sides of the eggs, too. The shell should slip off easily.
- You can store the eggs in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count220 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 83.2 % 183 kcal 20 g Net Carbs 1.4 % 3 kcal 0.7 g Protein 15.5 % 34 kcal 8.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™5.6
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 314.5 mg
- Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Total Sugars 0.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 8.5 g
- Calcium 108.6 mg
- Iron 1.1 mg
- Magnesium 10.3 mg
- Potassium 89.3 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 135.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.6 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 24.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.4 mcg