|2 cups||Pork Rinds, Scratchings, Greaves, Cracklings|
|¼ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, dried|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|½ tsp||Basil, dried|
|½ tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|4⅚ cups||Mushrooms, Champignon, Crimini, Button, Portobello, raw|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|1 lb||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 cup of mushrooms
- Blend the pork rinds or crush them in a ziplock bag.
- Mix together the crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, basil, paprika and salt. Depending on how salty your pork rinds are, you may want to reduce the amount of salt or skip it entirely.
- Clean the mushrooms. Depending on size, keep them whole or cut them in half or in quarters.
- Whisk the egg and toss the mushrooms in it to cover them.
- Add the coated mushrooms to the dry mix and toss until everything is nicely covered. Optionally press the "breading" onto the mushrooms.
- Coat the basket of an air-fryer with some coconut oil.
- Cook at 380 F / 195 C for 5 minutes, turn over the mushrooms, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 400 F / 205 C and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute to crisp the mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F / 205 C (circulating air / fan).
- Cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes, then turn over the mushrooms and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are crisp.
- Enjoy sprinkled with the excess baked "breading". They taste great by themselves or with a side of marinara, garlic butter / aioli or sauce of your choice.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the mushrooms in the oven. Like this they have a crisper texture than if you microwave them. Alternatively, reheat them in a pan on the stovetop.
Using an Air-Fryer
Using an Oven
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count110 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 50.0 % 55 kcal 6.3 g Net Carbs 9.1 % 10 kcal 2.6 g Dietary Fiber 1.8 % 2 kcal 1.2 g Protein 39.1 % 43 kcal 11 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.2
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Total Sugars 1.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 11.1 g
- Calcium 92.3 mg
- Iron 1 mg
- Magnesium 15.2 mg
- Potassium 322.7 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 53.2 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.3 mg
- Folate 21.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.4 mcg