|5⅙ cups||Brussels Sprouts, raw|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|½ tsp||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|½ cup||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|2 tbsp||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|19.22 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4.80 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 cup
- Temperature: 390 °F (preheated, circulating air (increase to 425 F or 220 C without fan))
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cleaned Brussels sprouts and blanch them until they are bright green and tender, about 8 to 12 minutes depending on their size.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and add them to the ice bath to stop the cooking process and cool them down. This also ensures they stay nice and green.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Toss the drained Brussels sprouts in the seasoned oil, then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. You can of course also toss the sprouts on the baking sheet to save some clean-up work.
- Using the bottom of a glass or mason jar, press down on the sprouts until they break and flatten.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake until the Brussels sprouts are crispy and the cheese has melted and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. If possible, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the oven, on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count139 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 52.5 % 73 kcal 8.3 g Net Carbs 18.7 % 26 kcal 6.5 g Dietary Fiber 6.5 % 9 kcal 4.4 g Protein 22.3 % 31 kcal 7.9 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.2
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 459.8 mg
- Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Total Sugars 2.6 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 7.9 g
- Calcium 168.9 mg
- Iron 1.7 mg
- Magnesium 31.3 mg
- Potassium 463.8 mg
- Zinc 1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 86.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 97.6 mg
- Folate 71.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.2 mcg