|7⅚ cups||Cauliflower, raw|
|1 cup||Spring Onions, Scallions, Green Onions, chopped|
|0.62 (ea. 4.20 oz)||Bell pepper, sweet, green|
|½ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|½ cup||Celery, raw, chopped|
|3 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|7.34 oz||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|2 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|1 tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|4 cups||Chicken broth, stock|
|1 tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|¼ tsp||Cayenne Pepper, ground|
|½ cup||Sour Cream, heavy, Crème Fraîche, 30% fat|
|⅜ cup 5½ tsp||Cream cheese, full fat|
|1 cup||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
|1 tsp||Xanthan Gum|
- Serving size: 1 1/4 cup
- Break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and cut the stalk into chunks.
- Slice the green onions. Set aside some of the sliced green for garnishing.
- Chop the bell pepper, celery stalks and onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Shred the cheddar.
- Fry the bacon until it is crispy. Set the bacon strips aside.
- Transfer the bacon fat to a large pot and melt the butter in it over medium-high heat.
- When the butter starts to bubble, add the spring onions, bell pepper, onion, celery and thyme. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Stir in the garlic until it is fragrant, about half a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, cayenne and pepper, as well as the cauliflower. Reduce the cayenne pepper or skip it entirely if you don't want the chowder to be spicy.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for about 8 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to soften.
- Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and half of the cheddar. Let cook while stirring frequently until everything has melted together nicely and the cauliflower has the desired tenderness, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- (Optional) Thicken the soup by slowly sprinkling in some Xanthan gum while stirring well. Note that the soup will thicken considerably as it cools down, so you'll only need a small amount.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy topped with the chopped up bacon and green onion slices you set aside in the beginning.
- You can store the soup in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Prepping the ingredients
Making the chowder
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count327 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 75.2 % 246 kcal 27.7 g Net Carbs 9.5 % 31 kcal 7.7 g Dietary Fiber 1.8 % 6 kcal 3.2 g Protein 13.5 % 44 kcal 11.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™11.8
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 771.9 mg
- Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Total Sugars 4.7 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 11.2 g
- Calcium 175.6 mg
- Iron 1.1 mg
- Magnesium 32.8 mg
- Potassium 605.4 mg
- Zinc 1.4 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 177.2 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 62 mg
- Folate 78.6 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg