|2 lb||Chicken Breast, skinless, raw|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|¼ cup||Tap Water|
|6⅔ cups||Pork Rinds, Scratchings, Greaves, Cracklings|
|½ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|1½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1 tsp||Onion Powder|
- Serving size: 4 crispy chicken pieces (about 1 oz of raw meat each)
- Temperature: 400 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips, about 1 oz or 28 g each. Alternatively, use chicken tenders.
- Whisk up the egg with the water.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan and spices to form the breading. Adjust the spices to your liking, for example use chili instead of paprika if you like it spicy.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. One tray should be sufficient for 4 servings.
- Toss the chicken strips in the whisked egg with one egg and put it in the breading. Use your other hand to coat the chicken and transfer it to the baking tray. Using one hand for the wet and the other for the dry will avoid things getting messy and the breading getting lumpy.
- Once all the strips are coated, repeat the previous step a second time to double-coat the chicken.
- Bake until the chicken is done, about 15 to 20 minutes. If you have a meat thermometer, you can check the internal temperature of the chicken. Aim for 165 F or 74 C.
- Enjoy, for example with a side of vegetables or salad.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the chicken in the oven. Like this it has a crisper texture than if you microwave it. Alternatively, reheat it in a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count248 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 37.9 % 94 kcal 10 g Net Carbs 1.2 % 3 kcal 0.8 g Dietary Fiber 0.4 % 1 kcal 0.4 g Protein 60.5 % 150 kcal 36 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.9
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 283.3 mg
- Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 36.3 g
- Calcium 88.5 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 37.8 mg
- Potassium 424.6 mg
- Zinc 1.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 66.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.1 mg
- Folate 14 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.4 mcg