|2 kg||Lamb Leg, Shank and Sirloin, separable lean and fat, fat trimmed to 1/4in, raw|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice, fresh cold-pressed|
|1 tsp||Salt, table|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|5 g||Rosemary, fresh|
|4 (ea. 3 g)||Garlic, raw|
|118 ml||Tap Water|
|3 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|2.37 g||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|5.6 g||Spearmint, Mint, fresh leaves|
- Serving size: about 5 oz or 140 g of cooked lamb plus 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce
- Temperature: 180 °C
- Wash the lamb leg and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Rub in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the rosemary twigs and put them in a casserole.
- Lay the lamb on top. Using a sharp knife, cut slits all over.
- Cut the garlic into slivers and insert one into each slit.
- Add some hot water to the casserole.
- Drizzle the oil over the lamb.
- Bake in the oven for half an hour. Then flip over the lamb and bake for another half an hour to an hour, until the lamb is done to your liking. If you have a meat thermometer, aim for 145 F or 63 C for medium rare, 160 F or 70 C for medium.
- Remove from the oven and put on a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and min and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Use the meat juices as a sauce, there should be enough for about 1 1/2 tablespoons per serving. If you want, you can also thicken the broth with xanthan gum or cornstarch.
- Serve a thick slice of lamb with a side of vegetables, for example green beans, potatoes or cauliflower mash.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. If possible, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count499 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 70.1 % 350 kcal 38 g Net Carbs 0.4 % 2 kcal 0.6 g Protein 29.5 % 147 kcal 36 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™15.8
- Cholesterol 138 mg
- Sodium 348.5 mg
- Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Total Sugars 0.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 36 g
- Calcium 25 mg
- Iron 3.5 mg
- Magnesium 47.9 mg
- Potassium 513.3 mg
- Zinc 6.7 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 2.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 5 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.5 mg
- Folate 39.6 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg