|4 oz||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|5⅔ cups||Mushrooms, Champignon, Crimini, Button, Portobello, raw|
|2 tbsp||Chicken broth, stock|
|3 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|¾ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1½ tsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|½ tsp||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|¼ cup||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|2 tbsp||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Serving size: 7/8 cup of creamy mushrooms
- Clean the mushrooms. Depending on size, leave them whole or cut them in half or quarters.
- In a large pan over medium-high to high heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the butter in the same pan.
- Saute the minced garlic until fragrant, about half a minute. Stir throughout to avoid the garlic from burning.
- Add the mushroom and stir well. Let cook until they start to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and cream and bring to a boil.
- Let reduce until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grated cheese and mozzarella until they have melted, about 2 minutes.
- Chop the bacon, add it to the pan and stir it in. Optionally set aside some of the bacon for garnishing.
- Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper. You may not want to add any salt depending on how salty your bacon and cheeses are.
- Enjoy as a side dish.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave, on the stovetop or in the oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count349 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 82.2 % 287 kcal 32.6 g Net Carbs 5.4 % 19 kcal 4.9 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 % 2 kcal 1.1 g Protein 11.7 % 41 kcal 10.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™14.0
- Cholesterol 72 mg
- Sodium 419.2 mg
- Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Total Sugars 3.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 10.5 g
- Calcium 123.2 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 20 mg
- Potassium 532.2 mg
- Zinc 1.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 192.6 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 3.9 mg
- Folate 20.4 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.2 mcg