|4 (ea. 10.41 oz)||Chicken Leg, drumstick and thigh, meat and skin|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|2 tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, dried|
|1 tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|1 tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|2 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|44.47 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:11.10 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 chicken leg
- Temperature: 392 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Clean and pat dry the chicken leg. Alternatively, use chicken thighs, drumsticks or wings. Depending on which parts of a chicken you use, you might be able to reduce the baking time in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and olive oil.
- Rub the marinade into the chicken legs.
- Optionally cover and marinate in the fridge for up to a day. This is especially helpful if you want to get everything ready ahead of time, for example in the morning for an easy lunch or dinner, or when having guests.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to an oven-safe dish.
- Bake the chicken until it is done, about 30 minutes depending on the size. The chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the center (on the bone), but still juicy.
- Optionally broil if you want an extra crispy skin.
- Enjoy drizzled with some of the juices, for example with a side salad or vegetables. By the way, you can put the chicken on a bed of vegetables. Like this everything fits in one casserole and the vegetables are wonderfully seasoned by the marinade and the meat juices.
- If you have left-overs, you can also make a delicious chicken soup with them: Combine some water or chicken stock with the meat juices from the casserole, as well as the remaining meat. Optionally add some vegetables or pasta and you've got a wonderful lunch ready for the next day, or to freeze.
- You can store the cooked chicken in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the chicken in the oven. Like this they has a crisper texture than if you microwave them. Alternatively, reheat it in a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count759 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 73.0 % 554 kcal 61 g Net Carbs 0.8 % 6 kcal 1.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.3 % 2 kcal 0.8 g Protein 26.0 % 197 kcal 49 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™22.2
- Cholesterol 274.4 mg
- Sodium 1426.3 mg
- Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Trans Fat 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Total Sugars 0.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 48.6 g
- Calcium 42.9 mg
- Iron 2.8 mg
- Magnesium 60.5 mg
- Potassium 642.6 mg
- Zinc 4.4 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 111.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.7 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.3 mg
- Folate 13.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg