|14 oz||Duck, meat and skin, raw|
|1 tbsp||Lard, rendered pork fat|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|⅓ cup ½ tsp||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|1 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|¼ cup||Vegetable broth, stock|
|½ tsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|½ cup||Orange juice, freshly pressed|
|½ tsp||Orange zest, peel|
|2 tbsp||Cointreau, orange-flavoured triple sec liqueur, 80 proof (40% alcohol by volume)|
|24.33 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:12.20 oz (calculated)Notes: 1/2 duck breast with sauce
- Wash and pat dry the duck breast, then lightly score the skin.
- In a pan over high heat, melt the butter in the lard. Instead of lard, you can also use oil or another fat suitable for high heat.
- Sear the duck breast with the skin side down. It should take on some nice color and get crisp.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic to the pan and brown them slightly.
- Add the broth and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cover the pan with a lid so that a small slit is still open. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the broth and onions to a small pot.
- Add the orange juice, orange zest and cointreau and blend. If you want a more intense orange flavor, add more orange zest.
- Reduce until the sauce has the desired thickness, then season to taste. Alternatively, thicken it with a slurry of corn starch dissolved in cold water.
- While the sauce is reducing, broil the duck breast in the oven to crisp up the skin.
- Slice the duck breast and serve it with the orange sauce.
- Calorie count986 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Alcohol 3.2 % 32 kcal 4.6 g Fat 83.1 % 819 kcal 90 g Net Carbs 3.8 % 37 kcal 9.2 g Dietary Fiber 0.2 % 2 kcal 0.8 g Protein 9.7 % 96 kcal 24 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™36.7
- Alcohol 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 209.7 mg
- Fat 90.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 10 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Total Sugars 6.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 23.8 g
- Calcium 45.2 mg
- Iron 5.3 mg
- Magnesium 40.7 mg
- Potassium 594.8 mg
- Zinc 2.8 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 157.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.5 mcg
- Vitamin C 39.9 mg
- Folate 50.6 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg