|57 g||Mushrooms, Porcini, Penny Bun, Cep, dried|
|710 ml||Vegetable broth, stock|
|57 g||Butter, unsalted|
|29.6 g||Shallots, raw, chopped|
|454 g||Mushrooms, Champignon, Crimini, Button, Portobello, raw|
|118 ml||Sherry, dry, fortified wine|
|1 tsp||Thyme, dried, ground|
|½ tsp||Salt, table|
|1 pinch||Pepper, black, ground|
|355 ml||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
- Serving size: 1 soup plate full, about 1 3/4 cups
- In a pot, bring the dried porcini mushrooms and vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from the heat and let steep for at least an hour. The longer you let the broth sit, the more the mushroom flavor will intensify.
- Strain the mushrooms, setting the broth aside for later.
- Chop the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium to high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and sliced cremini mushrooms.
- Cook until the mushrooms have browned nicely, stirring occasionally. This should take about 6 minutes.
- Deglaze with the sherry.
- After about a minute, add the broth, the chopped porcini mushrooms and the spices.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the cream.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the soup has reached the desired consistency.
- Optionally blend the soup.
- You can store the soup in an airtight container, about 5 days in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw the soup overnight in the fridge. Then reheat for a couple of minutes in a pot on the stovetop.
Making the mushroom stock
Preparing the soup
Meal prep tip
- Calorie count509 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Alcohol 5.9 % 30 kcal 4.4 g Fat 74.1 % 377 kcal 43 g Net Carbs 10.0 % 51 kcal 13 g Dietary Fiber 1.6 % 8 kcal 4.3 g Protein 8.4 % 43 kcal 11 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™20.7
- Alcohol 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 829 mg
- Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Total Sugars 8.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 11.1 g
- Calcium 92.4 mg
- Iron 1.3 mg
- Magnesium 25.1 mg
- Potassium 536.2 mg
- Zinc 1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 396.3 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 4.4 mg
- Folate 27.2 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.3 mcg