|4 cups||Cauliflower, raw|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|4 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tbsp||Ginger, peeled, raw|
|½ cup||Spring Onions, Scallions, Green Onions, chopped|
|¼ cup||Coconut, dried, desiccated, unsweetened|
|1 tbsp||Coconut Oil|
|⅓ cup||Vegetable broth, stock|
|⅓ cup||Coconut Milk, canned|
|2 tsp||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Use a food processor to blend the cauliflower florets until they resemble rice. Alternatively, use a grater to grate the cauliflower.
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic and grate or mince the ginger.
- Slice the green onions. Set aside the sliced greens for garnishing.
- In a pan over medium-low to medium heat, toast the coconut while stirring frequently, about 5 to 10 minutes. The coconut should turn fragrant and take on a golden color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion until it turns translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and white parts of the green onion. Saute until fragrant, about half a minute.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and half of the toasted coconut and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and cook until the vegetables have absorbed the liquid and the cauliflower had the desired tenderness, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished with the remaining toasted coconut and green onion.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count71 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 67.6 % 48 kcal 5.5 g Net Carbs 18.3 % 13 kcal 3.4 g Dietary Fiber 4.2 % 3 kcal 1.8 g Protein 9.9 % 7 kcal 1.7 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.8
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Total Sugars 1.7 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
- Calcium 24 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 17.6 mg
- Potassium 231.4 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 4.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 28.3 mg
- Folate 37.2 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg