|For the shrimp|
|1 lb||Shrimp, Prawn, peeled and deveined, raw|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|For the sauce|
|2 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|4 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|½ cup||Vegetable broth, stock|
|1½ cups||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|½ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
- Serving size: 3/4 cup of shrimps (about 9 large shrimp, weighing about 3 1/2 oz or 100 g cooked) plus 1/2 cup of sauce; sufficient as a main meal when served with a side of vegetables or rice or pasta
- Season the cleaned shrimp with some salt and pepper. We usually use a larger variety, which comes out to be 9 shrimp per serving.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Fry the seasoned shrimp on each side for a minute or two. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- I like to work in batches, so that the shrimp don't overlap in the pan. For me, that's about 2 servings worth of of shrimps. If frying in batches, divide the oil accordingly.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the minced or finely chopped garlic. Sautee for half a minute.
- Pour in the broth and let reduce for about 5 minutes or until it has only half of its initial volume. You can also use chicken broth or white wine instead.
- Add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in the cheese and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until it has melted and the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, optionally setting some aside for garnishing
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and let cook for another minute to reheat it.
- Serve, optionally sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
- Enjoy by itself or over rice or pasta. Zoodles or cauliflower rice are great low-carb options.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. If possible, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count514 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 79.0 % 406 kcal 46 g Net Carbs 4.1 % 21 kcal 5.3 g Protein 16.9 % 87 kcal 22 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™19.9
- Cholesterol 279.3 mg
- Sodium 1203.8 mg
- Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Total Sugars 3.2 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 22 g
- Calcium 291.3 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 39.8 mg
- Potassium 268.9 mg
- Zinc 1.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 451.6 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.7 mcg
- Vitamin C 4.1 mg
- Folate 28.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.9 mcg