|2⅛ cups||Tap Water|
|¼ cup||Shallots, raw, chopped|
|9⅜ tsp||Galangal, Galanga Root, Lengkuas, Thai Ginger, Siamese Ginger, Kha (ข่า)|
|½ cup 4¾ tsp||Lemongrass|
|17.64 oz||Chicken Breast, skinless, raw|
|1⅔ cups 1 tsp||Coconut Milk, canned|
|2⅓ cups||Mushrooms, Oyster, raw|
|0.22 (ea. 1.59 oz)||Chili Pepper, Chile, Pepperoni, red, raw|
|6 (ea. 0.01 oz)||Thai lime leaves, Makrut lime leaves, Kaffir lime leaves|
|1 tbsp||Fish Sauce|
|½ tsp||Pepper, white, ground|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice, fresh cold-pressed|
|¼ cup||Cilantro, Coriander Leaves, raw|
- Serving size: a bit over one cup of soup
- Score the lemongrass bulbs, for example by chopping them lightly.
- Roughly chop the shallots.
- Slice the galangal.
- Add everything to a pot with salted water and bring it to a boil.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Once boiling, add the chicken to the pot and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Deseed the chili and slice it.
- Tear up the makrut leaves. I couldn't get a hold of these, so used the zest of two limes and one lemon instead of 6 leaves.
- Add the coconut milk, mushrooms, fish sauce, chili, torn kaffir lime leaves and white pepper.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes. Ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Take off the heat and optionally remove the lemongrass, makrut leaves and galangal. You can also keep them in and simply not eat them.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Season to taste.
- Finish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- If you are tracking your food intake, remember to subtract the aromatics (lemongrass, galangal, makrut leaves), as you will not be consuming them.
- Calorie count255 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 55.3 % 141 kcal 16 g Net Carbs 10.2 % 26 kcal 6.7 g Dietary Fiber 1.2 % 3 kcal 1.4 g Protein 33.3 % 85 kcal 21.6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™7.4
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 288.9 mg
- Fat 16 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Total Sugars 2 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 21.6 g
- Calcium 28.7 mg
- Iron 3.6 mg
- Magnesium 70.9 mg
- Potassium 647.6 mg
- Zinc 1.4 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 11.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 4.8 mg
- Folate 33.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg