|320 g||Cauliflower, raw|
|6 (ea. 50 g)||Egg, large|
|119 g||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|8.9 g||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|1 tbsp||Thyme, dried, leaves|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, dried|
|1 tsp||Salt, table|
|85 g||Butter, unsalted|
|5 (ea. 3 g)||Garlic, raw|
- Serving size: 1 slice; about 1/2 in thick when using a 9 in by 5 in pan; about 1.5 cm thick when using a 29 cm by 10 cm pan
- Temperature: 177 °C
- In a food processor, mince the cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- Transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and tender. Let it cool, then transfer it to a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Separate the eggs. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, thyme, parsley and salt.
- Stir in the egg yolks, melted butter, minced garlic and cauliflower.
- Finally, carefully fold in the egg whites. For example, fold in about a quarter of the egg whites to loosen the dough first. Repeat three more times: the dough should get lighter each time and you should lose less air with each iteration.
- Line a 9 in by 5 in loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the tin. Alternatively, use a 29 cm by 10 cm loaf pan.
- Bake until the top is golden-brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and let cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy, for example with a salad or dunked in soup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 6 months. You can freeze individual slices and toast them as needed.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count91 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 62.6 % 57 kcal 6.3 g Net Carbs 7.7 % 7 kcal 1.7 g Dietary Fiber 3.3 % 3 kcal 1.5 g Protein 26.4 % 24 kcal 6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.2
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 160.9 mg
- Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Total Sugars 0.9 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 6 g
- Calcium 19.7 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 5.6 mg
- Potassium 165.6 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 59.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 9 mg
- Folate 18.6 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg