|⅔ cup 1 tbsp||Mung Beans, mature seeds, raw|
|1⅞ cups 1 tsp||Tap Water|
|2 cups 1 tbsp||Tomatoes, raw, chopped|
|¼ cup 1 tbsp||Jalapeno Peppers, Chili Pepper, Chile, raw|
|3 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tbsp||Ginger, peeled, raw|
|1 tbsp||Oil, Sunflower, high oleic (70% and over)|
|1½ tsp||Coriander seeds|
|1½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¾ tsp||Chile Powder, pure dried chilis, ground|
|¼ tsp||Turmeric, ground|
|1⅜ cups 1 tbsp 2 tsp||Tap Water|
|1½ tsp||Lemon juice, fresh cold-pressed|
|1 tbsp||Cilantro, Coriander Leaves, raw|
|49.33 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:16.40 oz (calculated)¾ cup (by recipe creator)
- In a pot, cover the rinsed mung beans with about 2.5 times the amount of water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the beans are soft and some start to split, about 30 to 40 minutes. (If you have time, soak the beans for a couple of hours or even overnight. This reduces the cooking time. If soaking overnight, you may be able to add the mung beans to the paste directly.)
- While the mung beans are simmering, finely chop the tomatoes, green chilis and garlic gloves, and grate the ginger.
- Add the oil to a second pot and roast the spices until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, chili, garlic and ginger and over a medium heat reduce everything to a paste, stirring periodically.
- Once the lentils are soft to the touch and the paste has reduced for about 15 minutes, add the moong beans to the spiced paste.
- Simmer until the moong has the desired consistency, about half an hour to an hour. Add water as needed.
- Season to taste, stir through some lemon juice and the chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy by itself, with rice, or pita / pitta bread.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 4 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count250 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 20.8 % 52 kcal 5.6 g Net Carbs 48.0 % 120 kcal 29 g Dietary Fiber 8.8 % 22 kcal 10.6 g Protein 22.4 % 56 kcal 13.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™1.5
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 1203.4 mg
- Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Total Sugars 7.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 13.5 g
- Calcium 100.8 mg
- Iron 4.1 mg
- Magnesium 117.8 mg
- Potassium 990.6 mg
- Zinc 1.7 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 69.6 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 32.9 mg
- Folate 334.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg