|2 (ea. 4.20 oz)||Bell pepper, sweet, green|
|2 (ea. 4.20 oz)||Bell pepper, sweet, yellow|
|2 lb||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|¼ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|⅔ cup||Pork Rinds, Scratchings, Greaves, Cracklings|
|2 tsp||Italian Seasoning Spice Mix|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|½ cup||Tomatoes, raw, chopped|
|½ cup||Mozzarella, cheese, whole milk, shredded|
|57.25 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:14.30 oz (calculated)Notes: 2 stuffed bell pepper rings
- Temperature: 350 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Wash and dry the bell peppers.
- Slice a bit off from the top and bottom, then cut out the seeds.
- Cut the rings in half crosswise.
- Remove the stem from the tops of the pepper by simply pressing them from the top through.
- Chop the tops and bottoms from the bell pepper.
- Mix together with the ground beef, grated parmesan, egg, minced garlic and crushed pork rinds.
- Season to taste. We use Italian seasoning and pepper only, as the parmesan and pork rinds are salty already.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease an oven-safe dish.
- Spread the bell pepper rings and generously fill them with the meat mixture.
- Top with some tomatoes - I like to use sliced cherry tomatoes - and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Bake until the meat is done and the cheese has melted and browned, about 25 minutes.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave, in the oven or on the stovetop.
The bell pepper rings
Bringing it all together
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count713 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 68.0 % 485 kcal 53 g Net Carbs 3.8 % 27 kcal 6.7 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 % 4 kcal 2.1 g Protein 27.6 % 197 kcal 49 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™21.3
- Cholesterol 223.7 mg
- Sodium 334.6 mg
- Fat 53 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Trans Fat 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Total Sugars 2.2 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 48.6 g
- Calcium 220.2 mg
- Iron 5.6 mg
- Magnesium 63.3 mg
- Potassium 945 mg
- Zinc 10.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 107 mcg
- Vitamin B12 5.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 160.7 mg
- Folate 48.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.4 mcg