- Serving size: 1 slice measuring about 3 1/4 in by 4 1/2 in by 1 in (about 1 cup by volume)
- Temperature: 177 °C
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower florets until they resemble rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a dishcloth and twist out as much moisture as you can. You may be surprised by how much liquid you can squeeze out. The volume of the cauliflower will reduce to about 1/4.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In an oven-safe dish, mix together the cauliflower, cottage cheese, sour cream and sliced spring onions. For 8 servings you can use a 13 in by 9 in casserole dish (2 1/2 quart).
- Level the mix and top with half of the meat sauce, then half the cheddar.
- Add the remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubbling and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. Optionally broil to brown the cheese further.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. If possible, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count440 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 66.8 % 294 kcal 33 g Net Carbs 7.3 % 32 kcal 8 g Dietary Fiber 0.9 % 4 kcal 2.2 g Protein 25.0 % 110 kcal 27 g
- Cholesterol 107.3 mg
- Sodium 697.5 mg
- Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Trans Fat 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Total Sugars 5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 27.4 g
- Calcium 282.2 mg
- Iron 2.9 mg
- Magnesium 47.1 mg
- Potassium 698.7 mg
- Zinc 5.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 177.6 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 32.3 mg
- Folate 57.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg