|For the filling|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 cups||Spinach, frozen|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|For the meatballs|
|1 lb||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|1 cup||Feta cheese, Greek cheese from sheep and goat's milk|
|¼ cup||Dill Weed, fresh|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|36.46 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:6.10 oz (calculated)Notes: 8 meatballs
- Temperature: 400 °F
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Saute the chopped onion until they are nicely caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the spinach and minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Stir together the mix with the ground beef, chopped feta, dill and egg.
- Form balls, using about 1 tablespoon or 17 g each. I like to use a tablespoon measure for this and press in the meatball mix to start shaping it. Then I finish by rolling it in my hand briefly.
- Lay the meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes. You may want to test one meatball to check whether they are done.
- Enjoy warm or cold!
- One serving is sufficient as a main, for example served with a side of salad and tzatziki. It's also a great topping for pasta with tomato sauce, or a salad. Or serve it as an appetizer, for example as finger food by inserting a toothpicks into each meatball.
- You can store the meatballs in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven, or enjoy at room temperature.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count302 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 64.6 % 195 kcal 18.5 g Net Carbs 2.6 % 8 kcal 1.6 g Dietary Fiber 1.3 % 4 kcal 1.7 g Protein 31.5 % 95 kcal 20.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™8.2
- Cholesterol 96 mg
- Sodium 818.4 mg
- Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Trans Fat 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Total Sugars 0.7 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 20.3 g
- Calcium 202.7 mg
- Iron 2.8 mg
- Magnesium 60.5 mg
- Potassium 451.7 mg
- Zinc 4.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 379 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 4 mg
- Folate 86.4 mcg
- Folic Acid 7.5 mcg