|1 lb||Turkey Breast, meat only, raw|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|½ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|1 tsp||Olive Oil|
|⅔ cup||Chicken broth, stock|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice, fresh cold-pressed|
|½ tsp||Xanthan Gum|
|2.82 oz||Ham, cooked, 4% fat|
|2.82 oz||Tilsit, cheese|
|2 tsp||Parsley, fresh, chopped|
|28.80 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:7.20 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 turkey cordon bleu (4 oz or 113 g of raw turkey)
- Wash and pat dry the meat. We use thin, skinless cutlets (turkey schnitzel). If you prefer, you can also use chicken, pork or veal.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter together with the oil. If working in batches, divide the oil accordingly, adding some more before cooking the next batch.
- Cook the turkey until almost done, about 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken broth, lemon juice and Dijon Mustard.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the seasoned chicken broth to the pan.
- Release the caramelization from the pan.
- Sprinkle in the xanthan gum, whisking throughout.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Return the cooked meat to the pan and top it with slices of ham and then cheese.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let simmer until the cheese has nicely melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve each turkey cordon bleu topped with some sauce and garnished with some fresh, chopped parsley.
- Calorie count238 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 36.1 % 86 kcal 9.3 g Net Carbs 2.1 % 5 kcal 1.1 g Dietary Fiber 0.4 % 1 kcal 0.4 g Protein 61.3 % 146 kcal 35.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.5
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 1012.1 mg
- Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 35.5 g
- Calcium 158.4 mg
- Iron 1.1 mg
- Magnesium 40.1 mg
- Potassium 406.2 mg
- Zinc 2.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 63.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.3 mg
- Folate 13.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg