|8⅞ tsp||Pine Nuts, whole|
|½ cup||Grana Padano, cheese, grated|
|1 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1⅚ cups||Sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained|
|¼ cup 5¾ tsp||Olive Oil|
|¼ tsp||Chile Powder, pure dried chilis, ground|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|12.73 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:0.53 oz (calculated)2 tbsp (by recipe creator)
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until they are golden, about 5 minutes. Toss them occasionally, so they don't burn.
- In a food processor, blend the pine nuts, Grana Padano and roughly chopped garlic. You can also use parmesan instead of Grana Padano.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and the oil. You can use the oil the tomatoes were packed in for this.
- Blend until the pesto has the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and, if you like a bit of spice, chili.
- Enjoy the pesto with pasta, spread it on white bread or use it as a filling for stuffed chicken breast. It's also a great dip or salad dressing.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. It will easily last for two weeks or more. If the oil separates, simply stir it in again.
- A layer of olive oil on the top will ensure the pesto keeps longer.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count62 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 80.6 % 50 kcal 5.8 g Net Carbs 9.7 % 6 kcal 1.6 g Dietary Fiber 1.6 % 1 kcal 0.5 g Protein 8.1 % 5 kcal 1.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.1
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Total Sugars 0.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Calcium 28.9 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 10.8 mg
- Potassium 140 mg
- Zinc 0.4 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 10.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 8.5 mg
- Folate 2.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg