|3⅜ cups||Asparagus, green, raw|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|½ lb||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|¼ cup||Butter, unsalted|
|1 cup||Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|6 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|3 tbsp||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1 tsp||Parsley, dried|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 pinch||Pepper, black, ground|
|43.87 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:3.66 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 breakfast muffin
- Temperature: 375 °F
- Cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Chop the onion and bacon.
- In a large, non-stick pan melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- When the butter is bubbling, add the finely chopped bacon and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and asparagus and cook until the asparagus starts to soften and become tender, about 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk together the eggs, cream, mustard and seasoning.
- Line a muffin tray with silicon liners. Alternatively, grease the muffin tray with a bit of oil or butter.
- Spoon in the bacon and vegetables, about 1/4 cup each.
- Pour over the egg mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese, about 4 teaspoons for each muffin.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before removing from the liners.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. If possible, thaw overnight in the fridge. Enjoy at room temperature or reheat in the microwave or oven.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count206 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 78.2 % 161 kcal 18 g Net Carbs 2.9 % 6 kcal 1.5 g Dietary Fiber 1.0 % 2 kcal 0.9 g Protein 18.0 % 37 kcal 9.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™6.4
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 294.4 mg
- Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Total Sugars 1.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 9.2 g
- Calcium 120.3 mg
- Iron 1.4 mg
- Magnesium 14.9 mg
- Potassium 225.8 mg
- Zinc 1.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 122.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.5 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.4 mg
- Folate 33.4 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg