|5⅙ cups||Brussels Sprouts, raw|
|5 oz||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|¾ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|3 tbsp||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|2 tbsp||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|30.07 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:5 oz (calculated)Notes: 2/3 cup
- Temperature: 375 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Clean and trim the Brussels sprouts, then cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and cook the Brussels sprouts in it until they start to crisp up and char, about 5 to 8 minutes. It's best if the Brussels sprouts are cut-side down and you don't stir them, just check on the doneness by flipping one over after 5 minutes or so.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for about half a minute until it becomes fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until the cream thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Chop up the bacon and stir it in.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with the grated mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake in the oven until the Brussels sprouts have the desired tenderness and the cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the Brussels sprouts in the oven. Like this they have a crisper texture than if you microwave them. Alternatively, reheat them in a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count266 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 77.8 % 207 kcal 23.3 g Net Carbs 8.3 % 22 kcal 5.5 g Dietary Fiber 2.3 % 6 kcal 2.9 g Protein 11.7 % 31 kcal 7.8 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™9.9
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 387.6 mg
- Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Total Sugars 2.9 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 7.8 g
- Calcium 103.6 mg
- Iron 1.2 mg
- Magnesium 24.7 mg
- Potassium 456.5 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 153.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 64.8 mg
- Folate 47.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.1 mcg