|2 lb||Chicken Breast, skinless, raw|
|2½ cups||Chicken broth, stock|
|½ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|1 (ea. 4.20 oz)||Bell pepper, sweet, green|
|3 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|⅔ cup 1 tbsp||Cream cheese, full fat|
|2⅛ cups||Tomatoes, red, canned, in tomato juice, no salt added|
|2 tbsp||Chili Pepper, Chile, Pepperoni, red, raw|
|½ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|7½ tsp||Taco Seasoning Spice Mix|
|91.87 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:11.50 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 1/4 cup of chicken fajita soup; sufficient as a smaller main meal
- In a large pot, bring the chicken breast in the chicken stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the meat from the broth and shred it. Set aside the broth for the sauce.
- While the chicken is simmering, melt the butter in another large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the chopped pepper, deseeded and chopped chili, diced onion, minced garlic, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it has fully melted.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, cream and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count302 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 52.3 % 158 kcal 17.4 g Net Carbs 7.9 % 24 kcal 6 g Dietary Fiber 1.3 % 4 kcal 2.2 g Protein 38.4 % 116 kcal 29 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™6.7
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 752.8 mg
- Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Total Sugars 4.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 28.8 g
- Calcium 73.5 mg
- Iron 1.3 mg
- Magnesium 48.1 mg
- Potassium 643.9 mg
- Zinc 1.2 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 170.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 24.8 mg
- Folate 22.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg