|1 tbsp||Coconut Oil|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|2 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 tbsp||Ginger, peeled, raw|
|1 tsp||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|½ tsp||Cayenne Pepper, ground|
|8⅔ cups||Pumpkin, raw|
|1½ cups||Vegetable broth, stock|
|1⅔ cups 1 tsp||Coconut Milk, canned|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|½ tsp||Thyme, fresh leaves|
|3½ tsp||Pumpkin Seeds, dried, whole|
|63.19 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:9 oz (calculated)Notes: 250 g (8.8 oz), a bit over a cup of soup
- Optionally heat the vegetable stock to cut down on total cooking time.
- In a pot large enough to hold the pumpkin, saute the chopped onions in the coconut oil over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the thyme and cayenne pepper. If you want a milder soup, reduce the amount of cayenne or omit it entirely. You can always add more when seasoning to taste in the end.
- Roughly chop the pumpkin. We used a Hokkaido pumpkin, which has an edible skin.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk and chopped pumpkin and bring to a boil. You can also use coconut cream to get an extra creamy soup.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and let simmer until the pumpkin is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Enjoy topped with a bit of fresh thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds per serving.
- You can store the soup in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count177 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 67.8 % 120 kcal 14.4 g Net Carbs 24.3 % 43 kcal 11.5 g Dietary Fiber 1.1 % 2 kcal 1 g Protein 6.8 % 12 kcal 3.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™7.3
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Total Sugars 5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
- Calcium 46.1 mg
- Iron 3.2 mg
- Magnesium 52.3 mg
- Potassium 645.5 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 617.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 14.7 mg
- Folate 32.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg