|1⅔ cups||Pork Rinds, Scratchings, Greaves, Cracklings|
|17.64 oz||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|¼ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|2 tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|1 (ea. 4.20 oz)||Bell pepper, sweet, green|
|⅜ cup 5½ tsp||Olives, ripe, canned|
|1 cup||Feta cheese, Greek cheese from sheep and goat's milk|
|5.29 oz||Dry-Cured Ham, Spanish Jamon Serrano, Prosciutto or similar|
|2½ lb||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:5 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 slice, about 2.5 cm or 1 in thick
- Temperature: 392 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Blend the pork rinds in a food processor or crush them in a ziplock bag until you have small crumbs.
- Mix the ground meat with the finely chopped onions, egg, grated parmesan and crushed pork rinds. Season with pepper and mild paprika.
- Mix the finely diced bell pepper and olives and the crumbled feta.
- Roll the meat mixture between two sheets of clingfilm to a thickness of about 1 cm or 2/5 in. I got a rectangle with the dimensions of about 18 cm by 28 cm or 7 in by 11 in.
- Remove the top layer of clingfilm and spread the filling, leaving a border of about 2.5 cm or 1 in.
- Now form a roll by pressing the meat border in while lifting the bottom layer of the clingfilm. Press firmly.
- Slightly overlay the ham slices to form a rectangle a bit larger than the meatloaf. I usually form two rows of 6 overlapping slices on the clingfilm I used for rolling the meat.
- Put the meatloaf on the ham and wrap it. Lift the clingfilm as before and fold in the sides of the ham to encase the meatloaf fully.
- Bake until the meat is done and the ham is crisp, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the meatloaf in the oven. Like this the ham has a crisper texture than if you microwave it. Alternatively, reheat it in a pan on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count304 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 61.8 % 188 kcal 18.6 g Net Carbs 2.3 % 7 kcal 1.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.7 % 2 kcal 0.8 g Protein 35.2 % 107 kcal 23.7 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™8.5
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Sodium 392.6 mg
- Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7 g
- Trans Fat 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Total Sugars 0.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 23.7 g
- Calcium 148.3 mg
- Iron 1.9 mg
- Magnesium 21.1 mg
- Potassium 258.6 mg
- Zinc 3.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 86.3 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.7 mcg
- Vitamin C 12.4 mg
- Folate 10.1 mcg
- Folic Acid 5.9 mcg