|For the zucchini toast|
|2.53 (ea. 196 g)||Zucchinis, Courgettes, Summer Squash, raw|
|1 (ea. 50 g)||Egg, large|
|56 g||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|25 g||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|½ tsp||Salt, table|
|1 pinch||Pepper, black, ground|
|For the grilled cheese|
|9.4 g||Butter, unsalted|
|75 g||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
- Serving size: 1 grilled cheese
- Temperature: 232 °C
- Shred the zucchini and microwave it for about 6 minutes.
- Place the cooked zucchini in a dishcloth and twist out as much moisture as you can. This is very important, as the "dough" must not be mushy. For me, the zucchini reduced to about 1/8 of the initial volume and 1/5 of the initial weight.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the zucchini crust bread.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and shape 2 squares per serving, each with a side length of about 4 in or 9 cm. Use about 1/4 cup of the cheesy zucchini mix for each toast.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini bread slices from the baking tray and butter the top side of each toast. If you're preparing the toast ahead of time, it's best to use softened butter for this. If preparing shortly after baking, the remaining heat will melt the butter, so that spreading it is easy.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Per serving, place one slice butter down in the pan.
- Top with two slices of cheese. Alternatively, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cook until the cheese has partly melted, then flip and cook until the cheese has fully melted. For me, this took about 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other.
- Let cool a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- You can prepare the zucchini toast ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Fry the grilled cheese just before serving.
The zucchini toast
The grilled cheese
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count409 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 66.5 % 272 kcal 31 g Net Carbs 8.3 % 34 kcal 8.6 g Dietary Fiber 1.2 % 5 kcal 2.7 g Protein 24.0 % 98 kcal 25 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™12.7
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 1237.5 mg
- Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Trans Fat 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Total Sugars 6.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 24.8 g
- Calcium 640 mg
- Iron 1.7 mg
- Magnesium 70.6 mg
- Potassium 751 mg
- Zinc 3.6 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 328.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 44.3 mg
- Folate 84.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.9 mcg