|454 g||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 (ea. 119 g)||Bell pepper, sweet, green|
|40 g||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|½ tsp||Chili Powder|
|½ tsp||Salt, table|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|335 g||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|338 g||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
|0.50 (ea. 201 g)||Avocados, raw|
|115 g||Sour Cream, light, 10% fat|
|15 g||Spring Onions, Scallions, Green Onions, chopped|
- Serving size: 1/2 quesadilla
- Temperature: 204 °C
- In a large pan, brown the beef over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Set aside. If you prefer, you can also use ground pork or shredded chicken breast.
- Add the oil to the same pan and saute the bell peppers and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Season everything with chili, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated cheese. Instead of the mozzarella, you can also use Monterey Jack or Gouda.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and per serving spread about 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese in a large round, the size of a tortilla. Aim for a diameter of about 8 inches or 20 cm. The cheese will melt to a round with a diameter of about 10 inches or 25 cm.
- Bake until the cheese has fully melted and starts to brown on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes. The cheese should be cool enough to not pull apart, but still be flexible.
- Top half of the cheese "tortilla" with the filling and some sliced avocado.
- Fold over the free half of the cheese tortilla to cover the filling.
- If meal-prepping, transfer to a storage container.
- Else set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat to make the remaining quesadillas.
- Optionally return to the oven to heat, about 3 minutes.
- Serve topped with a tablespoon of sour cream and some sliced spring onions.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven. Add the sour cream and spring onions after reheating.
The cheese tortilla
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count505 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 72.9 % 368 kcal 41 g Net Carbs 3.2 % 16 kcal 4 g Dietary Fiber 0.6 % 3 kcal 1.3 g Protein 23.4 % 118 kcal 29 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 770.8 mg
- Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Trans Fat 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Total Sugars 1.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 29.4 g
- Calcium 573.9 mg
- Iron 1.5 mg
- Magnesium 37.9 mg
- Potassium 339.2 mg
- Zinc 5.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 248.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 14.5 mg
- Folate 32.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 1.7 mcg