|2⅛ cups||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|1 cup 1 tbsp||Almonds, ground|
|⅝ cup 3½ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|1 tsp||Carob Flour, Locust Bean Gum|
|¾ cup 2 tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|3 drops||Rum Aroma|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|24.45 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:0.41 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 cookie with a diameter of about 1 1/2 in (3.75 cm) and a thickness of about 3/8 in (1 cm)
- Temperature: 356 °F
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, ground almonds, xylitol and carob flour.
- Dice the cold butter and add it to the dry ingredients. Knead until you get a crumbly dough.
- Add the egg and continue to knead until the dough comes together.
- Now divide the dough in half.
- Add the rum aroma to one half and knead it in.
- To the other half, add the cocoa powder and knead until all the powder is mixed in.
- Wrap each portion in cling film and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll each dough to a thickness of about 1/5 in (5 mm).
- Cut rectangles from it where one side is about 4 in (10 cm) long.
- Layer the dark dough onto the light dough. I like to roll out the light dough slightly thinner and cut the dark dough a bit shorter, perhaps 3 1/2 in (9 cm) instead of 4 in.
- Roll the sheets of dough tightly. For an in my opinion nicer swirl, I roll the extra section of light dough on top of the dark dough before rolling the rest. This avoids the cookies having a quite large, dark center.
- Wrap in cling film and press them together until the roll has a diameter of about 1 1/2 in (3.75 cm). This helps combine the two doughs, so that they do not separate.
- Roll the dough, so that it has a round shape again.
- Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour, so that it firms up. You can also put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the roll into slices with a thickness of about 3/8 in (1 cm).
- Put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges start to brown.
- Let cool completely and enjoy.
Preparing the dough
Preparing the swirl
Baking the cookies
- Calorie count52 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 63.5 % 33 kcal 3.8 g Net Carbs 3.8 % 2 kcal 0.5 g Sugar Alcohols 11.5 % 6 kcal 2.5 g Dietary Fiber 3.8 % 2 kcal 0.8 g Protein 17.3 % 9 kcal 2.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™1.8
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Total Sugars 0.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 2.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
- Calcium 6 mg
- Iron 0.1 mg
- Magnesium 5.6 mg
- Potassium 17.2 mg
- Zinc 0.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 21.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 1.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg