|For the cauliflower crust bread|
|320 g||Cauliflower, raw|
|1 (ea. 50 g)||Egg, large|
|56 g||Mozzarella, cheese, low moisture, whole milk, shredded|
|½ tsp||Salt, table|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|For the grilled cheese|
|9.4 g||Butter, unsalted|
|56 g||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
- Serving size: 1 grilled cheese
- Temperature: 232 °C
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower florets until they resemble rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for about 8 minutes or until the cauliflower is fully cooked.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a dishcloth and twist out as much moisture as you can. This is very important, as the dough must not be mushy. You may be surprised by how much water you can press out. For me, the cauliflower reduced to about 1/3 of its initial weight and about 1/6 of its initial volume.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the cauliflower crust bread.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and shape 2 squares per serving, each the size of a toast. Use about 1/4 cup of the mix. I formed squares with a side length of about 3 1/2 in or 9 cm.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. The toast will be slightly smaller than before baking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower bread slices from the baking tray and butter the top side. If you're preparing the toast ahead of time, it's best to use softened butter for this. If preparing shortly after baking, the remaining heat will melt the butter, so that spreading it is easy.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Per serving, place one slice butter down in the pan.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese. Alternatively, use sliced cheese.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, then carefully flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. The "toast" should be golden brown and the cheese nicely melted.
- You can prepare the cauliflower toast ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Fry the grilled cheese just before serving.
The cauliflower crust bread
The grilled cheese
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count313 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 65.5 % 205 kcal 23 g Net Carbs 8.3 % 26 kcal 6.6 g Dietary Fiber 2.2 % 7 kcal 3.3 g Protein 24.0 % 75 kcal 18.8 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™9.3
- Cholesterol 155.9 mg
- Sodium 1055.2 mg
- Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13 g
- Trans Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Total Sugars 3.6 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 18.8 g
- Calcium 412.9 mg
- Iron 1.2 mg
- Magnesium 41.1 mg
- Potassium 561 mg
- Zinc 2.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 220.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.7 mcg
- Vitamin C 77.2 mg
- Folate 113.1 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg