|For the Big Mac sauce|
|2 tbsp||Dill Pickles, cucumbers|
|1 tbsp||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|¾ cup||Mayonnaise, regular|
|1 tbsp 1 tsp||Mustard|
|1 tbsp||Vinegar, white wine|
|2 tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|½ tsp||Paprika, ground, smoked (spice)|
|For the salad|
|1 lb||Beef, ground or minced, 15% fat|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|¼ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|4 cups||Lettuce, Iceberg, Crisphead, chopped|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|¼ cup||Dill Pickles, cucumbers|
|1 cup||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
|39.36 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:9.80 oz (calculated)Notes: 2 cups
- Finely chop the dill pickles and onion.
- Mix together with the remaining ingredients and set aside as you work on the salad.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, about 5 minutes. Use lean ground beef to avoid a greasy salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- As the meat is browning, chop or shred the lettuce, slice the onions and pickles and shred the cheese.
- Mix together the lettuce, onion, pickles and cheese.
- Evenly divide the salad, top with a portion of meat (about 5/8 cup or 3 1/2 oz or 100 g) and drizzle with the dressing (about 1/4 cup or 2 oz or 60 g).
- If serving straight away, you can also toss the salad in half the dressing, top the dressed salad with the meat and drizzle with the remaining sauce.
- You can prepare the dressing, meat and salad ingredients in advance and store them separately in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Put together the salad just before serving. Optionally reheat the meat before adding it to the salad - but it tastes great as is, too.
- For a meal on the go, you can also make a mason jar salad: start by layering the lettuce, then the cheese, beef, onions, pickles and finally the dressing. Shake before enjoying or tip in a bowl to toss.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count663 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 78.9 % 523 kcal 58 g Net Carbs 2.3 % 15 kcal 3.6 g Sugar Alcohols 0.8 % 5 kcal 2.2 g Dietary Fiber 0.5 % 3 kcal 1.4 g Protein 17.6 % 117 kcal 29 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™21.5
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 995.9 mg
- Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Trans Fat 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Total Sugars 2.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 2.2 g
- Protein 28.9 g
- Calcium 246.8 mg
- Iron 3 mg
- Magnesium 38.1 mg
- Potassium 497.3 mg
- Zinc 6.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 126.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 2.8 mcg
- Vitamin C 2.9 mg
- Folate 37 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg