|½ cup||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|2 tbsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|4½ tsp||Rosemary, fresh|
|1 tbsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|4 (ea. 1.55 oz)||Egg, medium|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|1 tbsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|½ cup 1 tbsp||Olives, ripe, canned|
|½ cup||Tap Water|
|18.63 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:1.55 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 slice, 3/4 in (1.9 cm) thick if using a 9 in by 5 in loaf pan
- Temperature: 356 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Bring some water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, chopped rosemary, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. Depending on the brand of coconut flour you are using you will get a sticky dough or a consistency like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the chopped olives.
- If the dough is too dry, add some hot water bit by bit until the dough comes together. The dough should be sticky.
- Dampen your hands and knead the dough to form a ball.
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Optionally score a pattern in the loaf.
- Alternatively, use a silicone loaf pan (e.g. 9 in by 5 in; 23 cm by 12.5 cm). You can smooth the loaf with the back of a spoon, dampened with a bit of water.
- Bake until the bread is golden and firm, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and enjoy!
- This savory, salty bread is great for breakfast or with a salad or soup.
- You can slice the bread and then store the loaf in the fridge in an airtight container (for up to 7 days). Or freeze part of the loaf in slices. You can then easily defrost the whole batch, or toast individual slices as needed.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count104 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 82.7 % 86 kcal 9.6 g Net Carbs 3.8 % 4 kcal 1.1 g Dietary Fiber 4.8 % 5 kcal 2.4 g Protein 8.7 % 9 kcal 2.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.4
- Cholesterol 54 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
- Calcium 16.1 mg
- Iron 0.7 mg
- Magnesium 6.6 mg
- Potassium 170.2 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 24.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.2 mg
- Folate 7.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg