|3 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|¼ cup||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|¼ cup||Carrots, raw, chopped|
|1 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1 cup||Vegetable broth, stock|
|½ cup||Tap Water|
|1 tbsp||Cream cheese, full fat|
|1 cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1 cup||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
|2 cups||Broccoli, raw|
|36.40 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:9.10 oz (calculated)Notes: a bit more than 1 cup of soup; sufficient as a smaller main meal
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the chopped onions and shredded carrots in the butter until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add the broth (preferably warmed) and water and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the cream and cream cheese (preferably warmed or at room temperature) and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the grated cheese in about 1/4 cup portions. Stir until the cheese has fully melted before adding more cheese.
- Break the broccoli into bite-sized florets and add them to the soup.
- Let simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and enjoy! You can have it as a starter or smaller main meal.
- Calorie count424 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 83.7 % 355 kcal 40 g Net Carbs 6.4 % 27 kcal 6.9 g Dietary Fiber 0.7 % 3 kcal 1.6 g Protein 9.2 % 39 kcal 9.9 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™18.3
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 404.8 mg
- Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Trans Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Total Sugars 4.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 9.9 g
- Calcium 282.4 mg
- Iron 0.5 mg
- Magnesium 25.3 mg
- Potassium 290.5 mg
- Zinc 1.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 450.2 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.5 mcg
- Vitamin C 42.6 mg
- Folate 43 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg