|½ cup||Pine Nuts, whole|
|½ cup 1 tbsp||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|5 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|1¾ cups 1 tsp||Basil, fresh leaves|
|3⅛ cups||Broccoli, raw|
|¾ cup||Olive Oil|
|3 tbsp||Lemon juice, fresh cold-pressed|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1½ lb||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:1 oz (calculated)Notes: 2 tablespoons (1 oz or 28 g of pesto)
- In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until they are golden, about 5 minutes. Toss them occasionally, so they don't burn. This step is optional, but recommended, as it intensifies their flavor.
- In a food processor, blend the cooled pine nuts, parmesan and roughly chopped garlic. You can also use Grana Padano instead of parmesan.
- Add the basil and blend until it is finely chopped.
- Then add the broccoli florets in batches, blending in between. This ensures there are no larger chunks in the pesto.
- Finally, add the olive oil and lemon juice and blend until the pesto has the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Enjoy the pesto with pasta, spread it on white bread or top some salmon with it. It's also a great dip or salad dressing.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. It will easily last for two weeks or more. If the oil separates, simply stir it in again.
- A layer of olive oil on the top will ensure the pesto keeps longer.
- You can also freeze the pesto, for example in an ice cube tray. You can put the frozen pesto cubes in a zip-lock bag. Depending on which ice cube tray you are using, each ice cube has about 1 or 2 tablespoons of pesto. Our ice cube tray perfectly holds one tablespoon per well.
- Or thinly spread the pesto on a baking sheet and freeze it. Break off shards that will defrost quickly.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count94 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 88.3 % 83 kcal 9.5 g Net Carbs 4.3 % 4 kcal 1 g Dietary Fiber 1.1 % 1 kcal 0.5 g Protein 6.4 % 6 kcal 1.6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.0
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Total Sugars 0.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
- Calcium 38.8 mg
- Iron 0.4 mg
- Magnesium 12 mg
- Potassium 66.3 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 11.8 mg
- Folate 10 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.2 mcg