- Serving size: 1 bun
- Temperature: 177 °C
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the grated mozzarella and cheddar.
- Microwave in 30-second bursts at 600 W, stirring in between until the cheese has fully melted, about 2 or 3 iterations.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Once the cheese is fully melted, add the whisked egg and stir it in. Optionally set aside a little of the whisked egg if you want to add an egg wash to the buns. This gives them a nice sheen.
- Then add the dry ingredients and also stir them in.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are somewhat combined, knead to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into portions and form balls. Each dough ball should weigh about 58g or a bit over 2 oz.
- Place the dough balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and press them flat.
- Optionally brush on the remaining whisked egg, then sprinkle with seeds (e.g. sesame, poppy, chia), herbs (e.g. Italian, oregano) or spices (e.g. onion powder).
- Bake until the rolls have browned to your liking, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy, for example with a salad or soup, as a roll for breakfast or as burger buns.
- Calorie count199 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 58.3 % 116 kcal 13 g Net Carbs 4.5 % 9 kcal 2.2 g Dietary Fiber 2.5 % 5 kcal 2.3 g Protein 34.7 % 69 kcal 17.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™5.9
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 278.7 mg
- Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Total Sugars 1.2 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 17.2 g
- Calcium 262.1 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 10.9 mg
- Potassium 123.2 mg
- Zinc 1.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 114.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.7 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 8.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0.5 mcg