|1 serving||Pizza Dough / Base|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned, no salt added|
|1 tbsp||Tap Water|
|1 tsp||Oregano, dried|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ cup||Mozzarella, cheese, whole milk, shredded|
|4 oz||Beef, ground or minced, 15% fat|
|⅓ cup ½ tsp||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|24.92 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:6.20 oz (calculated)Notes: 1/4 of a large calzone
- Temperature: 392 °F (preheated, pizza setting)
- Prepare the pizza dough as described in the recipe and let it rise.
- Roll it out to a circle with a diameter of about 30 cm or 12 in.
- Mix together the tomato paste, water, oregano and salt to make a quick and easy pasta sauce.
- Optionally add spices, such as chili powder, taco seasoning or chili flakes.
- Spread most of the pasta sauce on the rolled out pizza dough. It will only be a very thin layer. This ensures the inside of the finished calzone is not soggy.
- Cover the pizza sauce with the finely grated parmesan.
- On one half of the base, sprinkle about 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella.
- Add the raw ground beef and sliced onions to the half sprinkled with the mozzarella. Of course, you can fill your calzone with your favorite pizza toppings instead.
- Top with about 1/2 of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Flip the half of the base covered only with pizza sauce and parmesan onto the half with the filling.
- Fold over the dough from the lower half onto the top half to seal the calzone.
- Spread the remaining pizza sauce on the calzone and sprinkle it with the remaining mozzarella.
- Optionally sprinkle with chili flakes for a bit of heat.
- Bake until done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool, slice into four triangles and enjoy!
- Calorie count511 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 53.6 % 274 kcal 30 g Net Carbs 28.0 % 143 kcal 35.5 g Dietary Fiber 1.0 % 5 kcal 2.7 g Protein 17.4 % 89 kcal 22 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™16.1
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 1000.5 mg
- Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Trans Fat 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Total Sugars 1.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 22.1 g
- Calcium 393.6 mg
- Iron 1.9 mg
- Magnesium 38.7 mg
- Potassium 288.6 mg
- Zinc 3.4 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 133.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.9 mg
- Folate 6.4 mcg
- Folic Acid 6.7 mcg