|For the cookies|
|½ cup ⅜ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|½ cup 1¾ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|2 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|2 cups 1 tbsp||Hazelnut Flour, Filberts, partially de-oiled|
|3 tbsp||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|⅜ cup 4⅜ tsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|1 tsp||Baking Soda, leavening agent|
|¾ tsp||Carob Flour, Locust Bean Gum|
|For the filling|
|⅜ cup 2¾ tsp||Cream cheese, full fat|
|1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|¼ cup 1¼ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, powdered|
|1 (ea. 0.04 oz)||Vanilla, pod or bean|
|29.41 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:0.82 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 cookie sandwich with a diameter of 1 9/16 in (4 cm) and a height of 11/16 in (1.75 cm)
- Temperature: 356 °F
- Cream the softened butter with the xylitol.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix until well combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients and mix briefly.
- Knead to a dough until it comes together and is slightly flexible.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of cling film to a thickness of about 1/5 in (5 mm).
- Cut out circles and put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges start to darken.
- Let cool completely.
- Scrape out the vanilla pulp.
- If you cannot get powdered xylitol, blend granulated xylitol in a food processor.
- Mix the cream cheese with the softened butter, powdered xylitol and vanilla pulp.
- You can of course add more xylitol, if you prefer a sweeter filling.
- Using a teaspoon measure, add a dollop of filling in the center of half of the cookies.
- Top each cookie with filling with another cookie and press together until the filling reaches the edges.
Making the cookies
Filling the cookies
- Calorie count87 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 59.8 % 52 kcal 5.9 g Net Carbs 5.7 % 5 kcal 1.4 g Sugar Alcohols 12.6 % 11 kcal 4.6 g Dietary Fiber 4.6 % 4 kcal 1.8 g Protein 17.2 % 15 kcal 3.9 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.1
- Cholesterol 21 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Total Sugars 0.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 4.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
- Calcium 7.2 mg
- Iron 0.2 mg
- Magnesium 6.8 mg
- Potassium 29 mg
- Zinc 0.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 37.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 2.1 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg