|For the shredded zucchini|
|1.58 (ea. 6.91 oz)||Zucchinis, Courgettes, Summer Squash, raw|
|2 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|To complete the waffle batter|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|1 cup||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
|1 cup||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|½ tsp||Garlic Powder|
|½ tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
- Serving size: 1 waffle
- Shred the zucchini on a grater or with a food processor.
- Put the shredded zucchini in a strainer over a bowl or sink, sprinkle with the salt and mix.
- Let sit for at least half an hour.
- Put the zucchini in a cheese cloth or kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. The weight should reduce to about 1/3.
- Preheat your waffle iron on medium. Alternatively, you can also use a non-stick pan.
- Mix together the shredded zucchini and the remaining ingredients.
- Form balls using about 1/3 cup (2 1/4 oz or 92 g) of dough.
- Flatten one of the balls and place it in the waffle iron. Press down to flatten it further. Let cook for about 5 minutes. Note that if you have a rectangular waffle iron instead of a circular one, you may want to divide one portion further and add it to the separate sections.
- If using a pan, roll out the dough between two layers of clingfilm or use your hands to flatten it. The thinner the "patty", the crisper it will be. Our fried "pancakes" had a diameter of about 13.5 cm or 5 1/4 in. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve, for example with a dollop of sour cream.
- You can store the waffles in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat the oven for a crisper finish, or in the microwave. You can also enjoy them at room temperature, of course.
Removing the excess liquid from the zucchini
Preparing the waffles
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count237 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 51.9 % 123 kcal 13.8 g Net Carbs 8.4 % 20 kcal 5.1 g Dietary Fiber 3.8 % 9 kcal 4.6 g Protein 35.9 % 85 kcal 21.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™6.2
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 1679.6 mg
- Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Trans Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Total Sugars 3.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 21.5 g
- Calcium 220.9 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 23.4 mg
- Potassium 306.7 mg
- Zinc 1.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 120.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.4 mcg
- Vitamin C 13.9 mg
- Folate 32.2 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg