|For the goulash|
|2 cups||Carrots, raw, chopped|
|1¾ cups||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|½ lb||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste, canned, no salt added|
|1½ tsp||Paprika, ground, mild (spice)|
|¾ tsp||Paprika, ground, hot (spice)|
|2 lb||Beef Top Round, boneless steak, separable lean only, fat trimmed, raw|
|1½ cups||Wine, red|
|3 cups||Beef broth, stock|
|2 (ea. 0.00 oz)||Bay leaf, laurel, dried|
|To thicken the goulash|
|1 tbsp||Cornmeal, Corn Flour|
|1 tbsp||Tap Water|
|98.64 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:14.50 oz (by recipe creator)19.70 oz (calculated)2 cups (by recipe creator)
- Chop the bacon, carrots and onions. Dice the meat into bite-sized chunks.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, fry the bacon.
- Add the tomato paste and hot and mild paprika and roast it off for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and saute them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the diced beef and brown it, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and let cook without the lid on for 2 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and season to taste.
- If you want to thicken the sauce further, mix the corn flour with a bit of water so there are no lumps.
- Stir in the slurry and let cook it off for at least another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy by itself or with a side, such as potatoes, pasta, rice or spaetzle.
- Goulash is even tastier when reheating. So it's a perfect dish to prepare in advance.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count531 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Alcohol 9.8 % 52 kcal 7.4 g Fat 40.7 % 216 kcal 24 g Net Carbs 9.2 % 49 kcal 12.3 g Dietary Fiber 1.1 % 6 kcal 3.1 g Protein 39.2 % 208 kcal 52 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™12.1
- Alcohol 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 895.2 mg
- Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Trans Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Total Sugars 6.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 51.8 g
- Calcium 74.5 mg
- Iron 5.7 mg
- Magnesium 56.8 mg
- Potassium 1303.6 mg
- Zinc 7.7 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 460.5 mcg
- Vitamin B12 3.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 8.6 mg
- Folate 32.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg