|2 tbsp||Ghee, clarified butter|
|28 oz||Beef, ground or minced, 20% fat|
|4 oz||Bacon, Pancetta, Cured Pork Belly|
|1½ cups||Leek, raw|
|1 cup||Celeriac, celery root, raw, chopped|
|6 cups||Tomato puree, canned, no salt added|
|2 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|6 lb||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4 oz (by recipe creator)4.80 oz (calculated)¼ cup (by recipe creator)
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the ghee.
- Saute the chopped leek and celeriac for about 10 minutes. The vegetables should not take on much color, but be roasted softly.
- Add the chopped bacon and ground meat to the soffritto. Instead of ground beef you can also use ground pork, or a mix of both.
- Brown the meat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and with the lid off for about 2 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Enjoy this dish with a side like pasta or, for a lower carb option, zucchini noodles.
- Optionally top with some freshly grated parmesan.
- This sauce is even tastier when reheating. So it's a perfect dish to prepare in advance.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count171 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 61.4 % 105 kcal 11.6 g Net Carbs 15.8 % 27 kcal 6.8 g Dietary Fiber 1.8 % 3 kcal 1.7 g Protein 21.1 % 36 kcal 9 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™4.7
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 318.3 mg
- Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Trans Fat 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Total Sugars 4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 9 g
- Calcium 28.8 mg
- Iron 2.3 mg
- Magnesium 28.3 mg
- Potassium 501.4 mg
- Zinc 2 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 38.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.9 mcg
- Vitamin C 9.4 mg
- Folate 15.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg