|¼ cup 1¼ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|⅜ cup||Chocolate, milk, chopped / chips|
|⅝ cup||Sugar, white, granulated|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|¼ cup 1 tsp||Sour Cream, light, 10% fat|
|¼ cup ⅜ tsp||Milk, producer, 3.7% fat|
|⅚ cup||Wheat flour, white, pastry flour|
|¼ cup 2 tsp||Cocoa powder, unsweetened|
|1½ tsp||Baking Powder, leavening agent, low-sodium|
|½ tsp||Baking Soda, leavening agent|
|1 pinch||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|½ cup 4⅝ tsp||Chocolate, milk, chopped / chips|
|23.28 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:2.60 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 large muffin
- Temperature: 356 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Melt the butter and smaller portion of chocolate chips. You can either do this over a water bath or in short, 10-second bursts in the microwave. If microwaving, remove from the microwave when a few chunks are still not melted and stir until fully melted.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and the egg.
- Add the sour cream and milk and mix.
- Add this to the chocolate-butter-mix and continue to stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sieve to get rid of lumps, especially in the cocoa.
- Sieve about half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Sieving will help get rid of clumps in the flour and especially cocoa powder.
- Sieve in the remaining dry ingredients and stir until they are fully incorporated. Do not overmix the batter.
- Finally, stir in the chopped chocolate. Optionally set aside some of the chocolate to sprinkle the muffins with.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and add the batter, about 1/4 cup each.
- If you set aside some of the chocolate, sprinkle it on top of the unbaked muffins.
- Bake until done, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Calorie count267 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 43.1 % 115 kcal 13 g Net Carbs 49.1 % 131 kcal 33 g Dietary Fiber 1.5 % 4 kcal 2.1 g Protein 6.4 % 17 kcal 4.2 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™12.5
- Cholesterol 43.4 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Fat 13 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Total Sugars 24 g
- Added Sugar 14 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
- Calcium 96.1 mg
- Iron 1.2 mg
- Magnesium 30.4 mg
- Potassium 235.1 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 78.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.2 mg
- Folate 6.1 mcg
- Folic Acid 2 mcg