|For the pancake|
|1 cup 1 tbsp 2 tsp||Quark, curd cheese, nonfat (0% fat)|
|2 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|2 tbsp||Chia Seeds, dried|
|1 tbsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|½ cup 1¼ tsp||Almonds, ground|
|4½ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|8⅝ tsp||Almonds, chopped|
|For frying and dusting|
|1 tbsp||Ghee, clarified butter|
|½ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, powdered|
|17.10 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4.30 oz (calculated)Notes: 3/4 cup, sufficient as a dessert; make 2 servings per person for a main meal
- Whisk together the eggs and quark.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients for the pancake. The chopped almonds add a bit of crunch and texture.
- Let the mix sit for about 10 minutes to soak. You will get a thick batter.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt about half the ghee. You can also use coconut oil or butter.
- Add the batter and evenly spread it out with a spoon or spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- A solid, golden-brown base should have formed. Test that you can lift the pancake with a spatula.
- Quarter the pancake, then flip each quarter individually. Don't worry if the pancake tears in places, you'll be tearing it into pieces in the end, after all.
- Add the remaining ghee in a bunch of places and let it melt. Slightly lift the pancake quarters, so that the ghee can spread.
- Cover the pan with a lid again and let cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now cut or tear the fluffy pancake into chunks with a spatula.
- Serve warm, dusted with some powdered sweetener.
- Enjoy by itself or with some fresh berries or apple sauce.
- Calorie count254 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 56.7 % 144 kcal 16 g Net Carbs 7.5 % 19 kcal 4.7 g Sugar Alcohols 5.1 % 13 kcal 5.5 g Dietary Fiber 4.7 % 12 kcal 6 g Protein 26.0 % 66 kcal 16.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™6.5
- Cholesterol 101.8 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Fat 16 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6 g
- Total Sugars 3.4 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 5.5 g
- Protein 16.5 g
- Calcium 168.2 mg
- Iron 1.7 mg
- Magnesium 73.9 mg
- Potassium 271.3 mg
- Zinc 1.5 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 70.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.9 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.5 mg
- Folate 19.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 18.9 mcg